Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Oooooh new blogger version!

Wow, this is fancy. Look at all the new buttons! I can justify, center or left/right align the column and now I can use bullets. Neato! The new "Image" button seems like too much work though, but for the non-HTMLers, I guess it'll do. I can even change color. I never did learn the html colors. Always seemed like gibberish to me.

Some sad news first. I'm sure you've heard by now but for those that didn't or didn't really know who he was, Joseph Barbera passed away on Monday at the ripe old age of 95 because it was his time to go. He had been animating for 70 years. Me and many others were entertained and educated by his wonderful drawings and his teaming up with William Hanna to form Hanna-Barbera. Their studio made almost every cartoon I watched as a child, the complete list is here but to highlight a few of my favorites:

Quick Draw McGraw
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
Yogi Bear and Boo Boo
Space Ghost
Wacky Races
Hong Kong Phooey
Tom and Jerry
Scooby Do
Grape Ape
Laff-A-Lympics
Pac Man
Richie Rich
Shirt Tales
The Monchichis (see? they are real)
The Snorks
Pound Puppies
The Pirates of Dark Water (my brother got me hooked on this one)

Man, you were prolific Jo. The world and all it's children, young and old, will miss you.

Yes I'm still at work. J and I aren't going anywhere for Christmas but we'll be gone for New Year's.

I have to share this story. So we all know that J is hell on wheels. Who got a speeding ticket doing 92 in a 70? Who got their license suspended? Yeah, that's what I thought. So Speed Demon is coming home, uh, Tuesday and is trying to get into the right hand turn lane. There is an '03 Trailblazer in front of her so she decides to "shoot the gap" as I like to say. She comes to a stop, judges the opening and shoots it. Crunch! Of course Speed Demon is on the cell phone with her mom at the time so she says "Mom, I think I just hit somebody so I have to go." Cool. Score 2 wrecks for J at least indirectly caused by cell phone use. I see the trend. Do you? She turns right and comes to a stop expecting for TB to follow her so they can discuss what just went down. Apparently TB doesn't want to or expects her to drive off because that is what they do. Or maybe they're drunk and don't want to call the cops just yet. So J comes home and tells me about it. "No body damage?" "Nope." "Oh, good."

Cut to a couple hours later, I'm enjoying my dinner in boxer briefs and a shirt when there is a rap rap rapping on the door. Hmmm, do I put on pants? Fine, I won't be that guy. Good thing too cuz it's the man asking if Focus is my car. Yes. Were you driving it this afternoon? Nope but I know who was. Lemme get some shoes on. So I go inside, hide some contraband, get my shoes on and tell J who is in the kitchen that it's the cops and they would like a word. So I go out (Julio runs out too, the little shithead) and we start chatting. The Greenville PD wanted him to come get some info from J. He also starts pointing out damage on the car. Uh, actually that was already there from this incident. So we take a look at the mirror. It's pushed off the car a bit and there is a scrape on it but it's just plastic and the mirror is still intact.

He says that leaving the scene of an accident (which the other guy did too) is a felony and he could take J to jail. "Could" being the key word. But since it's small time and the G'ville officer doesn't want to go that route, he just gets her insurance info and DL number and strongly suggests that J go inside and give him a call. All he needs her to do is sign an accident report.

Once we get a nice new car, J might actually have to not hit things. And I'm supposed to be the bad driver.

Also in the news, teens getting high on "legal" drugs from CNN.com. Oh no! Alert the pharmaceutical industry, we need better safeguards! What? They don't give a shit? It just means more money in their pockets? Why don't the pharmacists do something about it? Yeah, bartenders are liable for getting people drunk, so why aren't pharmacists liable for getting people high? It most certainly is not the Beer producer or Drug producers fault.

And of course:

By far the most popular illegal drug continues to be marijuana.

For the fifth year in a row, the percentage of 10th- and 12th-grade students using marijuana declined, but there was no corresponding decline in the percentage of eighth-graders who experimented with pot.

What is this the 70's? Where is the DEA? Don't these kids know that the government says that the evil marijuana kills thousands of people a year? Why isn't there some sort of "War on Drugs"? It surely would be effective and not at all a waste of taxpayer's money.

Crack use is down, which is always a good thing. We all know that Crack is whack.

Today's sarcasm has been brought to you by the letter "S".

Labels:


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here