Wednesday, January 28, 2009

 

What's that flashing red light?

That was the first thought I had when I encountered a flashing red bicycle light. And of course since that's where I was looking, I instinctively started veering toward the cyclist. I did realize I was dangerously close and moved away, unlike the new black Volvo wagon as I was riding home last night. I'm working on reading license plates as they zoom away since that might come in handy one day. I fully expect to get hit every time I get on my bike.

I love my flashing light. I used the "blink" setting this morning as I was wearing a grey hoody on a foggy morning. The "KITT" setting is my personal favorite though. That was Michael Knight's (J didn't know that was David Hasselhoff, so I'm telling you in case you don't know either) car from Knight Rider with the flashing red lights.

I really need to get a high visibility/highly reflective vest to wear while riding. They're not expensive and can come in handy at other times: walking at night, jogging, working on a car by the roadside, working an autocross, decoy while being chased at night, etc...

Ah, also J and I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" which we both really enjoyed it and as Abbi the Curly Comedienne commented, it's like visiting India without the plane ride and mass of people. J mentioned last night that it was directed by Danny Boyle (who also directed Trainspotting, one of my favorite movies) and Loveleen Tandan. Danny also directed 28 Days Later, which I enjoyed. Super fast zombies are awesome.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here