Friday, August 28, 2009

 

Sit down! Shut up! Aaaaaiiiiieeee!

Luckily those are things that have never come out of my mouth in any of my classes. I did medium yell at some whiners who were complaining about an ambiguous question on a quiz. Of course I caved and just wanted them out.

This isn't becoming a "teaching" blog, but since that's how I'm paying the bills now, it'll probably pop up every once in a while.

Upcoming post preview:
Denver restaurants
Denver parks
Ford Foci (Focuses)

The Denver Public Libraries are AMAZING! Check out whatever you want, and return at any branch. We picked up 5 DVDs today and paid nothing! Ah. Also Blockbuster does 1 day rentals of non-new releases for $1. Great for burning through TV shows if a certain significant other is addicted to say, Desperate Housewives. I wouldn't watch it on TV, but on DVD it doesn't make me want to kill myself. The dark twists keep me mildly interested. And Marc Cherry did a cameo on Arrested Development, so he gets my professional support, and Blockbuster support.

We Netflixed Order of Myths by Margaret Brown and watched it last night. It's about Mardi Gras in New Orleans and how race is related to it. Very interesting insider look into Mardi Gras and race relations in Mobile, Alabama. Not many people know the first Mardi Gras took place in Mobile, 15 years before New Orleans (or Nawlins) was a city. Great history of Alabama, Mobile, race relations and Mardi Gras. I highly recommend it. Also another little known fact, the last slave boat to come to America sailed into Mobile, after the slave trade was abolished.

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here