Tuesday, August 12, 2008

 

Congrats to Princess of Power on 1000 posts!

The Princess of Power hit 1,000 posts the other day. Drop by and say congrats! You could even offer her a book deal if you wanted, like Stephen Dublanica aka The Waiter from Waiter Rant. Slashfood article with pic.

On a break from writing, I stumbled upon ecomodder.com and more specifically, this thread about a hypermileage Honda Civic. Pretty awesome. Sure it looks a tad weird but he's laughing all the way to the gas pump and hopefully speeding up car design to boot. As I've mentioned before, I love the future (or the idea of it at least) and am somewhat of a amateur futurist. Ever since I saw Luigi Colani's biodesigned cars on a Discovery channel program, I knew this is how cars should and hopefully will look. They're so curvy, sexy and aerodynamic. It combines my love of cars with my love of metals and chemicals into a rolling work of art. The Discovery channel blew my mind previous to that with Jesse James' shows, Motorcycle Mania, which met up with Jesse as he pounded and worked aluminum into a smooth curved shape and (it can be argued) revitalized the entire metal working and custom motorcycle scene. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last but his reasons and passion were so pure and untainted. The third show detailed how he made chopper mostly out of copper. It was gorgeous and the best part about copper is it starts shiny and then oxidizes and the color gets so much more intricate. Chemistry, art and physics all rolled into one.

I don't have the time or space right now, but I think a handmade super aerodynamic car, and lightweight of course, would be a really fun and environmentally friendly project, assuming I reused metal. Not even sure if that's possible, but I would love to give it a go. Sure fiberglass is easier to mold but isn't nearly as cool. Seeing how I have roughly zero experience with metal work, it might take a while. So, for now, plastic and Al sheets might have to suffice

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here