Monday, August 25, 2008

 

5 years?

J last night asked me where I wanted to be in 5 years. August 25, 2013.

I said something about owning a motorcycle. I suppose I'll be working somewhere. That's it. That's as far as I got.

Disappointed with myself I reflected on it some more this morning. I want to help Mother Earth and future generations. I really want to do as much as I can. Right now I recycle and use those compact fluorescent bulbs and try and shop locally as much as possible. But there is so much more. The motorcycle will help with using less gas. I would love to collect rainwater for my larger garden. I know it's a lofty goal but I would love a LEED certified house or at least a very energy efficient house (south facing windows and a few skylights would really help). We both want to travel. So many plans and good intentions and then it all came crashing back to the present and right fucking now. I need to write. I need to graduate. I need to get a job. I need to lose weight (probably). Sure these plans will be possible if I don't graduate and just stop writing, but they'll be much easier if I keep on keeping on, finish writing, get my advanced degree and find a job. Maybe even a green collar job so I can help the planet at home and at work.

So in that vein of thought.....back to writing!

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here