Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

Shameful neglect

I'm still coming to terms with 8 years in grad school instead of 7. I haven't read any of your blogs and I haven't been posting here too frequently. I'm still here but this is one of the first things to go by the wayside when things get busy.

With our portion of the "economic stimulus package" and our tax return, J and I will be picking out our first laptop. I priced a new Mac Air the other day and it came to $1850 or so which is roughly $850 out of our price range. I'm being more efficient at work and only doing work while I'm here which means a reduction in my internet usage while I'm supposed to be working. The laptop will help J and I get on the internet more while we're at home.

I plan to enter the "Science as Art" competition that Clemson sponsors. I'll keep my eyes open for something I'm working on that is particularly art-y.

My seminar in front of the department went pretty well besides Bossman introducing it as a Masters seminar but that was before our DTR, define the relationship talk in couples speak and probably would be define the research for our relationship. We're good now and I'm still writing and working at home (with some help from J) and working on some papers that will hopefully get published.

If you're in Cheraw, SC this weekend, definitely come out on Saturday and check out the Sandblast Rally. You will not be disappointed. I'll be there turning wrenches while crewing for a friend who rallies his Ford Focus. Hopefully he'll bring home a class win!

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here