Tuesday, November 13, 2007

 

My brain goo's coming out all artistical thanks to you!

Moe Syzlak from the Moe'N'Lisa episode, that's the episode where the Simpsons go to the WordLoaf writers' conference in Vermont. Tom Wolfe, Jonathan Franzen and Michael Chabon guest star (and/or voice). WordLoaf is a spoof of the actual Bread Loaf Writers' Conference at Middlebury College in Vermont.

The autocross was lots of fun on Sunday. I was the 3rd car out and spun out like crazy. I was coming off a turn and wasn't looking ahead like I'm supposed to and the first cone of a slalom caught me off guard so I cut the wheel hard to the left and tapped the brakes a bit. The rear end stepped out and there was nothing I could do. I didn't hit any cones though and didn't stall the car (because "in a spin, both feet in", that is both feet on the brake and clutch, or both feet on the brakes for automatic drivers), so pulled away and got a 50 second run. I shaved 9 seconds on my 2nd and 3rd runs down to 41.7 seconds. I figured I could go a bit faster in places and shaved another 0.7 seconds for a 41.0 flat. Good enough for 4th in class out of 13, 35 out of 153 in PAX, and 65 out of 153 in raw time. Not too shabby.

J and I cleaned last night. We've been in our current abode for 6 months now and it's time for a change. We moved the couches around and are getting rid of some things that I was supposed to sell on eBay but never got around to doing, so I will be freecycling them. It did clear up some nice space downstairs though. Of course now our spare bedroom is completely out of control, but we'll tackle that task at a later date.

If anyone likes Subarus, the Subaru Challenge will be coming to an Atlanta near you! We'll be at the Turner Field parking lots (the Green lot I believe) all morning and most of the afternoon this Saturday November 17th. This is an official Subaru event so they'll have examples of the newly redesigned 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX, and I think one is actually in the autocross. I'll be co-driving Subaru's Subaru. I can't wait!

Please click here for a sneak peak at the new Subaru World Rally Championship (WRC) Impreza WRX STi.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here