Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

I wanna be non-profit!

I think J and I should start a non-profit organization. It's such a great tax shelter and you get to help people while dodging taxes. Not that we pay tons of taxes but still. I keep hearing about all these pro athletes that have non-profit organizations and it's such a great idea. It's definitely a win-win-win situation. The athlete wins because he pays less taxes because he donates lots of money to his organization. His family gets a paycheck by running the non-profit and they give back to the community. Lastly the community wins because there is a non-profit helping them out and they can get some national coverage fairly easily because they're connected to a pro athlete.

Of course I don't think any of that would work if you didn't actually want to help people. The non-profit that helps no one but has lots of money only helps themselves. You gotta give back.

It would probably revolve around promoting reading to kids and adults, or spaying and neutering feral cats, or helping the environment. I think a non-profit that helped improve public parks and land would be really cool too but I don't have the botanical knowledge for that. I don't know. I do know that I have to get out of grad school so I can start implementing all these plans.

I really want to start a hydroponic garden. I don't know why but I'm really drawn to the idea of growing things without dirt. Plus I could recycle the water and hopefully make it eco-friendly too. I have also heard of aeroponic where you grow things in air, but that seems a bit too crazy for me.

It was almost freezing this morning. Ski season is just around the corner! J and I are planning our late Honeymoon for mid-January and we'll be going skiing. I can't wait. Hopefully it snows like mad in early January.

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here