Saturday, September 29, 2007

 

Happy Saturday!

J and I made it to the 'Ham with relative ease. We were accosted by a sheriff's deputy once we got close to Birmingham on I-20. I wondered why I was doing 70 in a 60 and I was flying by people. I moved over from the left lane once traffic was clear and saw a car come flying up on my left. He turned on his spotlight and shone it into our poor little Focus. I squinted my eyes and looked over at him once I realized that he wasn't just flashing it. I'm not really sure what he was expecting but I guess I wasn't the high school kid with an open beer and a blunt hanging out my mouth that he was expecting so he flipped the spotlight off and went about his business. Weirdo.

Our friends were at the Sidewalk Film Festival, which has become a fairly prominent independent film festival. Watch out Sundance, Sidewalk's comin'!

After that we met up at Marty's, which is always on the list for Best Burger in Birmingham. We opted for the bacon cheeseburger and it was pretty damn good. I wish J had put some condiments on it, but I wasn't in charge of burger preparation in this instance.

Before then I took J to one of my signature date spots while I was big pimpin' in undergrad. It's a private road that is closed to traffic from 6 pm to 7 am but they still allow foot traffic, so we parked and walked up to the spot. It's a row of houses that arguably has the best view in Birmingham. I wish I knew how to link to Google Earth better because you really need to be able to see the elevation change. Yep, there it is, Crest Rd 35223, one hell of a view.

View Larger Map
If you have Google Earth, please check out the view. It really sparkles at night.

We're planning on cathcing "Mexican Sunrise" at Sidewalk tonight, so I'll have to give a recap of it when we meet again. Now we're off to a family luncheon and I get to see my parents who are on vacation from Central America for 3 weeks!

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here