Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

Yesterday was Post #777!

Please keep the families of those affected by the Minnesota Bridge Collapse in your thoughts today. You might want to keep the contractors, architects and engineers in your thoughts once people have recovered enough to start pointing fingers.

As I was driving to work this morning there was a Clemson police officer in front of me. I got caught at the light and he went on ahead. I knew we were getting into prime speed trap territory for the clemson police department. For those interested, here's a google map of that specific location. Send me an email if you want some other Clemson speed trap locations. I know of 2-3 in addition to this one. See the tennis courts? They love to sit across the road (the house directly across is Mellow Mushroom) to the right of the tennis courts and get people coming up that road toward downtown. It's a 25 but cars can easily get up to 40 or so. Traveling from right to left, see the first grassy area with the big nasty brown spots? They love to sit there and get people coming from downtown. The speed limit goes to 35 right there but until there it's a 25 and it's downhill so ca-ching! ca-ching! Big cash cow speed ticket spot.

So we're heading into the danger zone. I'm in the left lane cuz the right lane is blocked by some beer trucks being unloaded. A small Ranger/S-10 truck is behind me and zooms past once we get clear of the traffic. I want to warn him that there was a cop up there and I'm not sure where he went, but there was no time and he's an adult who can make his own (stupid) decisions. I was doing maybe 32 and he goes whizzing by in the right lane. As I slow down for my left turn onto campus, I see my officer buddy sitting in the parking lot I just told you about shooting radar. I come to a stop and for traffic to clear so I can turn and I see the officer pull out, flip on his lights and take off. Got one! There's another (at least) $76 and 2 points for the City of Clemson. Good job! And as the saying goes "Better you than me" (or my wife, as the case may be)

I'll be passing through ATL this weekend on my way to B'ham and my other grandmother's house which is about 1.5 hours north of the Ham. Just a note to any aspiring rappers from Birmingham, do NOT refer to our city as the Ham or B'Ham. It isn't cool. It doesn't sound cool. It may rhyme well but that doesn't matter. Lets just use the airport code like they did in Atlanta (ATL) and go with BHM. It sounds cooler and more industrial and therefore, hardcore. Just my 2 cents.

But I'm visiting with my brother before he goes back to the Dark Continent (hmmm, just googled that and it might refer to skin color which is awful but this blogger thinks it now refers to actual light and how technology advanced that continent is (not). My brother taught at a school somewhere in here last year and is going back for another year. After that, who knows? My grandmother wants him to go back and finish seminary, which isn't a terrible idea, he only has a year left and it would be nice to have something to show for all that work and learning ancient languages (Greek and Hebrew).

Fuck. My blog is only G-rated. Eh, I guess it isn't that bad.



Cool, that's better. Well, maybe this blog could be informative for someone under 17.




There we go, I like my blog being PG-13. You can use one curse word but only as an expletive, some non-sexual nudity (boobs for boobs sake) and some non-realistic violence. Nice.

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here