Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Good Morning Charleston!

Hey! Guess what?! My MIL snores! Hooray! If you're keeping track at home that that is 3 parental units who will need their own room for family trips. Duly noted. It wasn't that bad honestly but it was bad. It's funny though because whenever someone snores on a trip it always reminds me of the trip my family and I took with Grandma to Dollywood. All 5 of us were jammed into a hotel room with either me and my brother on the floor, or maybe both. At one point it was very dark and very late and the only person in the hotel room who was asleep was Dad. He was sawing up a storm and we decided, without his input, to put him in his own room from now on, or make him sleep in the car.

No big plans for me in C-ton aka Chuck Town. We ordered breakfast in the room at 10 which is still a good hour away but since I woke up at 5:45 and successfully went back to sleep coupled with the fact that it is a gorgeous day outside, I woke up at 8:30 and went up to the rooftop terrace and took in the harbor. It rained on us almost all day yesterday but today is more than making up for it.

I was thinking about doing the Drift Atlanta post but don't want to hog the lobby computer for too long. Maybe just a few teaser pics?
Sony Ford Focus ZX3
Very tricked out Focus courtesy of a place that I do not shop at anymore ever since they fired all their senior employees who were making too much money. It isn't Sony, but it's a large store where you would buy Sony items.

Hankook JIC Magic Drift Porsche
Drift Porsche, please note the sick fender flares and the gigantic rear tires. 335s if you were wondering. Makes Focus' 205s seem like a rubber band in comparison.

Seth and Stephan Verdier
Seth with Stephan Verdier, Frenchmen and rally driver extraordinaire. He gets paid to rally and drifts in his free time. That is an '06 Subaru STI that he put a rally cage in, FIA and WRC legal I might add, and then converted to rear wheel drive for drifting duties. Awesome.

That's it for now, but if you have a Facebook account you can check out the rest. Actually, you might even be able to look at it even if you don't have an account, but don't quote me on it.

EDIT: Okay, I uploaded all the pics onto my Flickr account, so just click on one of the pics or my Flickr badge to check them out.

Okay, one more. This is a brand new Saturn Sky, which if people can get over the fact that it's a Saturn will really give the Miata a run for its money, that they crammed a Corvette LS2 engine into. If Satan were to drift, it would sound like this car. Before it exploded of course. It was such a mean low V8 rumble. And that roof scoop is just sick.
Saturn Sky

Labels: , , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here