Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

Coil my tongue around a bumblebee mouth

Any Smashing Pumpkins fans around? Ever since I figured out that Cherub Rock, Disarm and Today were all on the same album and by the same band, I was hooked. Ever since then Billy Corgan, James Iha and D'arcy Wretzky (had to google her last name) and Jimmy Chamberlin have been inseperable. Apparently D'arcy, her ex-Hole bassist replacement Melissa Auf Der Mar and James Iha are not partaking in the reunion tour, which is very sad. I'm not the biggest fan but definitely am a fan. Actually my first exposure to the Pumpkins was from my awesome high school art teacher Laurie Hickey who had their first album, Gish. I really hope you track me down one day. I heard you had gotten married and hey, so did I! So congrats to you and your wonderful husband, maybe I can meet him one day. If you think he's good enough to marry you, then that's good enough reason to like him for me.

But the Pumpkins' reunion tour was going to be just 1.5 hours away in Asheville with 9 shows at the Orange Peel. I'm not hardcore so I didn't know the dates or when tickets went on sale, but they initially were $20/each and now they're going for 20 times that on ebay. Ah well, just another band to add to the "I missed their concert during their prime and will never get that opportunity again." Currently that is a short list of Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine and now Smashing Pumpkins.

I still have my CDs though. And I'm sure Smashing Pumpkins 2007 will put on a kickass show.

Labels: , , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here