Tuesday, March 13, 2007

 

Aw, he's a little insane drunken angel.

-Amy from the "Insane in the Mainframe" episode of Futurama.

These are links I found today. Feel free to peruse them. I'm not planning on going to Mind States in Costa Rica, although it would be awesome, but I really want to know at which resort it is happening.

One of the speakers is a "futurist" and I wanted to know more about that so I found his blog and will read through it when I'm less busy. Mark Pesce is the guy's name. Another speaker that sounds really interesting is Liz McIntyre, who wrote Spychips: How Major Corporations and Governments Plan to Track Your Every Move and Purchase.

Yep, those damn chips are going in everything. It's only a matter of time when they'll be in your drivers license or maybe they'll just skip that and slip one under your skin like in Demolition Man. Not the greatest movie but a watchable Sly/Snipes combo set in the future. "All restaurants are now Taco Bell." Hehehe, and it's got some very funny ad placements. Dennis Leary, Sandra Bullock, Benjamin Bratt and the weird interior design guy from Beetlejuice are also in it and do a bang up job.

I would love to become a better writer. I just don't have the time right now. I'm sure there are classes I could take, even some I could audit here at Clemson, but time is the ultimate enemy. I would love to write books. I'm sure I could write a damn good book. Or at least one that wouldn't be boring and crappy. If possible, I would cram all my likes and ideas into one book that would be mine. I miss being creative. This is one of my few creative outlets anymore. I miss making music and playing my bass. I miss sitting around with my friend Derek and making up songs. He would play something, just a few chords and then I would make up lyrics, and if they were good or funny, I would write them down and a new song was born.

I miss drawing. I was never good at it but it was fun. I still have my portfolio from Ms. Hickey's art class. Lots of fun and creative energy in that class. And her music selection was small but rock solid. Barenaked Ladies, Tracy Chapman, Edie Brickell, Violent Femmes, lots of good stuff and music I needed to hear to expand my MTV/grunge musical interests.

So don't listen to Mick Jagger when he says time is on your side. It isn't. I still like him though.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here