Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Zzub Racso

I haven't done a reverse title in a while.

Scorsese finally won for best director and also picked up best picture. Nice, congrats Marty. It's been a long time coming. The Lives of Others beat out Pan's Labyrinth for best foreign film, which means I will wait until I see Lives of Others to make any judgements, but I really like Pan's Labyrinth. We picked up Flags of Our Fathers at the local mega chain rental place last night. I hear the other side of the story, Letters from Iwo Jima, is better, but that one isn't out on DVD yet. It took me a while to get into Clint Eastwood, but I think around 12 or 13 I finally caught on. He's a badass and is probably one of the coolest grandpas in the world. The same can be said for Scorsese.

Just added a few past foreign film winners to my Queue. I still can't believe J has never seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. And has anyone not seen Life is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella)? It is one of the few movies that has been able to draw a tear from my stone soul. So amazing.

Well, we finally got Subaru's Subaru back together! Hooray! Go Team! The problem turned out to be that we couldn't get the throw out bearing onto the pressure plate. So we pulled the tranny off some and we put the bearing into the plate. Then as we slowly moved the tranny back into position, we dropped the clutch fork (that moves the bearing in and out when you press on the clutch pedal) onto the bearing and made super sure that it was in the right position. We started throwing everything back together but I was so confident that the problem was fixed that I left before we had a running/moving car. But I knew it was fixed and an email this morning confirmed it.

So it's official, we're at least intermediate auto mechanics. The next biggest jobs would be wiring (which I equate to black magic) and a complete engine overhaul. That and actually opening a differential or tranny and fixing gears, but most people trust guys with lots of experience for jobs as important as those. It feels good to have overcome our difficulties. And we saved Subaru at least $500 doing the clutch install ourselves.

Labels: , ,


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here