Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Super Bowling

I missed the kick-off, some of the 2nd quarter and all but the last minute and a half of the 2nd half of the game. Football! See? You don't have to like American football at all to enjoy the Super Bowl. It's just another excuse to get together with your friends and enjoy each other's company. Don't overdo it though, you still have to go to work the next day.

I'm glad Peyton showed all the naysayers that he could step up in the big game and get it done.

And once the Pro Bowl is over next week, no more American football until September or so. But now I have soccer games to play in and papers and dissertations to write. Oh joy!

The drift event that I helped out with on Saturday was a success. Lots of spectators and I heard the organizers made enough cash money so they can pay for the next one up front and not have to depend on spectator fees to turn a profit. There were some very good drifters but it was a practice day so anyone with a RWD vehicle could've paid their $120 (girls half off for Valentine's Day, there were 4 or 5 out there tearing it up) and shown up with some extra wheels and tires and slid around. The asphalt was like a cheese grater though. I heard by 3 pm that each of one team's 5 cars were on their 6th set of tires. Yikes. That's alot of rubber being laid down and going into my lungs. It was fun. At one point I was literally the only corner worker. The pressure to get cones set back up is much lower for drifting. Instead of denoting the course and a 2 second penalty for hitting cones during autocross, the cones are merely to denote the course for drifting, so if one gets knocked over, no big deal. Some of the photographers out there helped out too. I took a little break and sat in Tercel for a bit, had some lunch and warmed up a bit. Not because Tercel's heat works, but just because she was in the sun and was nice and warm inside. The high was supposed to be around 49 F (10 C) but the wind would not stop blowing.

The only thing that saved me was my scarf. I am now completely sold on scarves. Lunch time!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here