Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Snow Day!

We missed out on snow last year so I was stoked that we got a healthy dumping of it this year. But as the snow was melting, helped along by the falling rain, I was a bit miffed. I didn't get to enjoy the snow as much as I would've liked. Sure I built a snowman and threw a few snowballs, but that gets old fast. There are much cooler things to do in snow like sledding, skiing, snowboarding, etc... And then I realized that today was the perfect chance for a 5 day weekend of skiing. Except for the fact that J sent our snow gear (pants, jackets) to her friend who is getting married mid-Feb. and is going on a honeymoon in Colorado. Why she needed them in late January instead of J bringing them down with her is a question we don't pose. And the other fact that J and I had work today. Then it hit me, you know who doesn't have to worry about work? Hippies and rich folks. Sure hippies work part-time jobs and have some income but mostly live off the land, so if they get a whiff of a snow storm, they can up and head to their local ski slope and enjoy the winter windfall. Same goes for the richies. If they work, they most likely own their own business and can either close up shop or tell their workers to open up and run things. They could also afford the peak season rates for ski gear and lodging, where the hippies can crash with friends or just sleep in their car. I didn't really ask J but she made it abundantly clear that she would not be sleeping in the car and we have no friends who live near the slopes, so I guess that means we need to become rich. I'm working on getting out of here and then making better money but even then we still have some sizeable student loan debt. So J keeps putting her hopes in the Powerball. Um, I guess. I don't really have any problem with it, per se, cuz she doesn't blow tons of money on it. Just a few bucks occasionally when the jackpot gets around $100 million. It would be nice but I cannot seriously expect to win the lottery, so we'll just have to see if this "grad school and career" thing pans out. I think it will.

So to the fortunate people who went skiing up near Boone, NC this weekend and other Southern ski slopes, count your lucky stars and I hope you truly enjoy the opportunities that you're given. Same goes for everyone else too. Also, please keep dear Nanner in your thoughts. She's going through a very rough patch.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here