Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Rest In Peace

A few deaths to cover first:

Bruno Kirby, of City Slickers, The Freshman, and most recently Entourage, passed away while battling leukemia. His IMDB page is found here. We'll miss you Bruno. He passed away on Aug. 14th.

Anna Nicole's elder son, Daniel, died unexpectedly while visiting his mom in the hospital. She had given birth to Daniel's sister, 6 lb. 9 oz., in a hospital in the Bahamas. An autospy is under way. CNN article here.

My birthday was on Sept. 1st. US Weekly (one of J's christmas presents) has the celebrity birthdays for the upcoming week. Guess who I share my birthday with. You probably won't guess them. I surely wouldn't have.

Gloria Estefan (turned 49, I believe, yep 9-1-1957 in Havana)
I like Gloria. Her music was the first latin music that alot of America heard. She is the "Queen of Latin Pop". And I'll definitely bring up the shared birthday thing when I run into her.

And......
Freakin' Dr. Phil Calvin McGraw, born in OK on 9-1-1950. Very interesting Wiki page, covers some questionable advice, notably
In January 2006, in a segment titled "Extreme Disorders", Dr. Phil's show presented inaccurate information about the treatment of two neurological conditions (Tourette syndrome and Asperger syndrome). Information from Quackwatch and the American Psychiatric Association suggest that the information Dr. Phil and his guest, Dr. Hipskind, gave about the usefulness of brain imaging for treatment and diagnosis of these conditions was not only wrong, but possibly dangerous. Various advocacy organizations, such as NAMI, and others representing persons with ADHD, OCD, Tourette syndrome and autism have taken issue with Dr. Phil's information about neuropsychiatric conditions.


I don't really like Dr. Phil. Never met him personally, but if I saw him on the street, I would either cross or turn around much like I would with a leper. Actually, not like I would a leper
The mode of transmission of Hansen's disease remains uncertain. Most investigators believe that the bacterium is spread from person to person through respiratory droplets. What is known is that the transmission rate is very low. In addition, approximately 95% of the population is naturally immune.
But I would avoid him.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here