Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

It was a set-up, they were all Twix!

Only Seinfeld fans need apply for that quote.

I cannot believe that I have not told you this earlier. They added a new vending machine in the building next to ours. Guess what is in it? Burritoes, chimichangas, little pizzas, I think I even saw a lasagna. We're coming up in the world. If only it microwaved it for you too.

The story I alluded to yesterday is as follows. My grandmother even mentioned it in my birthday card this year.

So my mom was pregnant with me beginning around New Year's Eve 1978. So I'm due around late Aug./early Sept. The family is excited. Their first full-blooded grandchild. And it's a boy! To carry on the family name. My grandfather, whose middle name I share, Maurice works as a welder in a factory. He repairs machinery using fire and will. But one day he was working on a machine and for some reason or another, someone turned it on. He was killed instantly. That happened on Aug. 27, 1979. Horrible horrible tragedy that was 100% preventable. And then just 5 days later, I was born. Mourning mixed with elation. A family torn by grief and joy. I never got the chance to meet my grandpa. He sounded like an extraordinary individual. I've seen pictures and heard stories, but he was taken away from all of us too soon. I miss you Grandpa, but I know you're watching over me. Hope I'm making you proud.

Phew, that was a tough one. But just to leave you with a smile, courtesy of cuteoverload.com









|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here