Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Freakin' Julio

A big thanks to those who were sending out good thoughts. I found him this morning. He wasn't waiting by the door and I was sick of calling his name. But then I remembered that once while my brother was walking him, he ran under the crawl space of the townhouse next to us. They leave it open all the time, maybe they're trying to get raccoons to live in there. I grabbed a flashlight and got down on my knees and shined the light in there and called out. I hear this weak meow, so I call again. Same meow and it's getting closer. Then out pops this little orange head. Stupid Julio! Didn't you hear me calling for you?

I guess he ran in there to stay for the night just to get away from the wind and various woodland animals that live in our adjacent woods. So I grabbed him and carried him back into the house. Gave him some food and he drank some water and when I left he was cleaning himself. He also was scratching his back when he took off like a shot, so we'll have to check him for ticks and give him a good cleaning with some flea wipes that we have. See Julio, that's why we don't let you outside. Freakin' Julio.

The link up there is my brother's blog. Don't check it too much. He rarely updates it. I need to send him an email, just so he knows I'm thinking about him. But my dad occasionally updates it too (he actually set it up) and his is the most recent update. My brother doesn't refer to himself in the 3rd person normally.

But I did see this pic:

That's from MGM Studios in Orlando at Mom's Diner, a 50's themed restaurant and the idea is that you're eating at your mom's house. They had meatloaf and grilled cheese and various other home-cooked diner food. That was taken in 1989, and I seem to recall it was the summer, so I was all of 9.

I'm at work early and I'm not sure why. Fine, I do know why. I had a bad dream and couldn't go back to sleep. I dreamt that I was being chased by two guys in a big fast truck. I was in Tercel, so it was a lost cause trying to outrun or even outdrive them. I tried to lose them in a parking deck and it wasn't working but thankfully I woke up. I hope my subconcious gives me a faster car next time.

And just so Leon doesn't feel left out:


Julio and Leon reunited!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here