Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Bufflekill

That the Simpson family last name from the Tall Tale episode about Lisa Appleseed.

But I saw a buffalo on my way home from GA this weekend! It was so cool looking over and seeing this huge hairy beast that at one point was on the verge of extinction. Of course I shared this with my labmates and they were none too impressed. "Oh, you'd never seen a buffalo?" was mostly their response. Apparently one lived near a buffalo farm in KY (jelly) and the other lived near TWO buffalo farm in PA. So I had only seen one in a zoo before that, big deal. And PA also commented that he saw wild buffalo in Yellowstone, for which my response was "I would hope so."

Good times.

So I rejoiced with most everyone yesterday that Plan B is available OTC with some ID proving that you are at least 18 years of age. Sure they showed it was safe for 16 year olds and 17 year olds, but at least it is on the shelves. I'm gonna have to swing by Eckerds on my way home today and see if they plan on carrying it and when it will be here. Just for knowledge sake, of course. But I now officially offer my services to most girls under 18, whose parents won't buy this important drug for them, I'll get it for you and won't even keep the change. Still won't get beer for you though.

I was watching 30 Days with J the other night, the premise of the show is they take a person and put them with complete opposite people for 30 days and see what happens. It's by Morgan Spurlock of "Super-Size Me" fame. But this episode sent a Pro-choicer to live at a Pro-life house for homeless and underprivileged women who can't afford to have and take care of their child or children by themselves. A worthy cause with a little propaganda thrown in for good measure. But she was explaining that most pro-choicers don't like abortion. And ideally there would be no abortions ever. BECAUSE there is so much science and technology going into contraceptives these days that you can make it 100% impossible to get pregnant, that if you just thought ahead a bit, you could prevent the pregnancy before it ever began. I guess the moral of the story is that I'm pro-choice because not everyone is pro-birth control (I'm looking at you Vatican City.)

I really want a pro-lifer to go even more extreme than they already are. I want them to come out and say that either A) Having your period is murder because that egg could've been fertilized, or B) Male masturbation is murder because those million sperms could've made a baby. Why do I want this to happen? So that they'll lose all credibility and I just think it would be hilarious.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here