Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Avarice

So Smoove brought up a point: If you don't like the rich getting tax cuts, then get rich.
Why is everyone so upset about Bush's tax cuts that benefit the rich? The obvious solution is simple - get rich. Sort of like the obese jackasses incessantly whining about the high price of gasoline. Try walking once in a while and with the money you save buy some ExxonMobil, BP, or Chevron stock.


True. If you don't like your state in life, try your damndest to change it. And that's good advice. But I don't think investing in oil is the answer. Oil's time will hopefully be up soon (not bloody likely, maybe 30 or 40 years out, maybe longer) but investing is a good way to become wealthy.

It isn't the easiest thing to become wealthy either. Let's take our current President. Went to Yale (impressive). Made Cs (not so impressive). Ran a few Texas businesses into the ground. But he is a Bush. His pop was President and a savvy businessman, so GW was able to inherit his wealth. He's "old" money. "New" money is tough to come by, but it's possible.

All I want is for the rich (and I mean incomes of $10 million or more per year) to give a little extra back and help out the country that has been so generous. An extra half million from the 2.6 million Americans in that tax bracket would do great things for our country. So with a little math and lots of zeros, that is 1.3 trillion dollars that ol' GDub saved for his closest (read: richest) pals. I would also like to go ahead and trademark GDub if no one has already. That money could help our schools tremendously.

But we also have to look at the other extreme, I'm looking at you poor people. So you're on welfare. You got food stamps. You're in government housing. Pretty sweet huh? Well some things are about to change.
1) Get a job. ANYWHERE. Millions of immigrants come into this country and find jobs, why can't you?
2) To receive your welfare check, you have to be injected with birth control. Male and female alike. Breeding like rabbits is not the cure to poverty.
3) Did you graduate high school? No? GED? No? Then no welfare check for you. If you really can't get a GED, then get a job. Custodial engineers need very little training and education. Don't want to mop? Then become more educated. Sorry it's the 21st century, education is the key to your future.

I just want the economic gap closed a bit. And I want Congress to do something about our mounting trade defecit. Apparently this is too much to ask.

The sauteed jicama sounds good. I'll give that a try.

The CGSO (Chemistry Grad Student Org) made some T-shirts. If you would like a very orange shirt that says "Clemson Chemistry" on the front and has our department logo on it with an Albert Einstein quote: "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" Let me know, and I'll get one in the mail for you once your Paypal or check clear. Let's say $11 ($10 + shipping and handling).

Also I wanted to know how many people would be interested in dried fruit? I've wanted a Ronco Food Dehydrator ever since I saw his infomercial in the 90's. But I have a proposition for you. I'm looking for some investors. What I'm proposing is that you would invest some money and in return, I would get the food dehydrator and you would get freshly dried fruit made with love. I'll be changing my Paypal donate button to reflect this proposition. You know you want some yummy banana chips and Granny Smith chips to magically appear in the mail.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here