Monday, March 27, 2006

 

It tolls for thee

My pre-oral is 3 weeks from tomorrow. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! But it's okay. I just need to use my time efficiently in the next 3 weeks because there are also 2 autocrosses and 1 day of golf planned within that time as well. Along with a few 8 am classes and teaching a few labs. Don't think I'm gonna be able to get a poster ready for a materials science poster thing that is on April 6th. But for that I only have to have an abstract done by Friday and then a poster done by the 6th, so it's possible, just need to see how my talk is going.

So that's where I'm at right now professionally.

Personally I need to be more active. J and I accomplished alot this weekend, cleaning, decorating, etc. but we both need to be more physically active. We have weddings to attend and summer is rapidly approaching despite the recent cold fronts, so we need to be ready for all that entails.

In February, I predicted another week of cold weather that would swing through before summer started. Easy prediction. But I also said that we would get our one snow of the year soon also. ATL got theirs but for some reason we didn't get any here, and it was just Clemson. Lots of other SC areas got snow. So we might have missed it, but as a child in Alabama in the early 80's, I remember a certain day that we missed on account of the inch or so of snow on the ground. This was in April which is usually associated with April Showers and warmer temperatures and not snow flurries. But this was before "weather" was a goto conversation topic, so all I cared about was not having to go to school and walking over to the church's baseball field and making snowmen, having snowball fights and having a wonderful time with my dad and brother.

Bring on the snow!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here