Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Valentine's Day Massacre

I'm a fairly selfish person. I can't start a sentence on this thing without the pronoun, I. I'm also a fairly simple person. All I want for Valentine's Day is the responsibility to roll over on the fateful 2-14 and say "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you". I'm happy with that. No fanfare, nothing else. I'm sure most guys would agree with me.

However, most heterosexual men are in relationships with heterosexual women who REALLY SUPER ULTRA care about Valentine's Day and you better not forget it or she'll be keeping your nuts in a jar.

We've already established that I'm selfish. A symptom of selfishness is the complete lack of thoughtfulness. I'm the worst gift giver ever. Well, maybe my brother is worse, but it's a close one. I actually don't mind spending the money, but I'll be damned if I can come up with an idea. I need an ideabot that can just sit at my desk and would be happy to come up with 20-30 special occasion ideas. He would also remind me to not plan things around important days, and now we get to the heart of the matter.

I absent-mindedly planned for our student org. to work a concessions stand tonight. On Valentine's Day. Oh crap. And our engagement anniversary is also next Wed. but J has class and so we want to take a day trip to hike and go to the GA aquarium, but I scheduled another concessions game for that Sat. Double crap.

So Joan freaked out and since it was early, I said some stuff that was mean and didn't really make any sense. But it's ok. It's all worked out. We're gonna go out to eat at a nicer restaurant in G'ville that we haven't been to yet and we'll do the ATL journey next month.

Relationships are hard work.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here