Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Sid said dookie

Yes, we did sell concessions to hungry attendees of the Duke/Clemson ACC men's basketball game on Saturday. It was close and surprisingly, we weren't blown out of the water. A win would've been nice, but a close loss is still a loss.

They finally published the autocross schedule, so I can plan camping trips and other weekend festivities.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tale of the thieved hat. It was tragic and eBay didn't have the hat, which definitely lends to the uniqueness and lore of the hat.

And I know everyone is getting geared up for the big international sports events this year: The 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy and the 2006 World Cup in Deutschland
but first we have to make it through the divisional NFL playoffs and Super Bowl XL (40 for non-Romans).

The Steelers tried their best to lose to the Colts, but Big Ben saved the Bus' ass by grabbing Harper's ankle.

So the Steelers-Seahawks game is going to be a battle as is the Broncos-Panthers game.

Hmmm, Sea World or cars?

I uploaded all my Sea World pics, so I think I'll give you a preview of the Sea World tale and let you look at the pics (ignore the puking pumpkin, that wasn't at Sea World) and then give you the story tomorrow.

Sneak peak at tomorrow's post

And now onto cars.

Basically, right now the only cars I really really want are:
Mini Cooper S


Mitsubishi Evolution


Subaru WRX STI or WRX


And honestly, that's about it. And if I got a WRX, I might get the wagon. I like the storage room of a hatchback/wagon and I really really like the idea of smoking people off the line in a station wagon.

Yes, both the Acura RSX-S and new Civic SI are sick, sick cars, but I'm partial to the Mini. But if there was a good price on either one, it would be tough to pass up. And I decided that if I get another FWD car, that it is going to be a Mini. Or maybe a Honda.

And now on to the rally monsters. AWD, diffs everywhere, turbos, 4 cylinders, gorgeous, TONS of aftermarket parts, stupid stupid fast right out of the box.

I still can't decide betw. the Evo and the STI. I think I need to drive them and see which one I like. That is really what it's going to come down to. They're both amazingly capable and very dependable. There are horror stories of having to replace 3 clutches in 6 months on the Evos, but you just can't light up all 4 wheels at every light. That wears down clutches.

And then the WRX. I could get a wagon "family car". Much cheaper and I could use the money saved to buy lots of parts and then have the pleasure of installing them and making my car faster with my own two hands. Very fulfilling. Expensive but fulfilling.

And if I was going to get a real family car, it would be an Acura or an Audi. Both awesome and fast. And immensely enjoyable in stock form. And comfy.

The only saving grace from making this monumental decision is that Joan is going to help me and influence the decision somewhat and that we aren't really looking for a car right now.

And used Evos and STIs are around 20-25k, which is about what the used Cooper S's will be once they hit the used market.

Please berate my decisions and talk up your favorite car that I inevitably left out in the comment box. Or request another car post in which I break it down into price ranges. Then I could talk about the Acuras, Audis and BMWs (of which I would only get the M cars).

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here