Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Malaise part 2

This is my attempt to recreate my eaten post.

I've been sick ever since we got back. Nose, throat and coughing. It's the worst in the morning. Sucks.

I've recapped my holiday extravaganza for some friends and each time it gets shorter and shorter, so here is a day by day account of Seth's holidays:
22-drive to B'ham, shop at the outlet mall on the way, I am now a Nike shill, shopping at SuperTarget once in the Ham, family time
23-shopping, spend time with friends, don't get to see my policeman friend who's working, see my parents
24-little more shopping (mostly to get out of my grandparents house), Christmas with my mom's family, Christmas eve service, drive to A'ville to see my dad's mom
25-Christmas service, Christmas with most of my dad's family, relax, family time
26-drive to Orlando (or O'town if you enjoy my town abbreviations), takes 11.5 hours instead of the 8.5 it took to get back, stupid traffic
27-tailgate shopping, tailgating at the ChampSports Bowl - Clemson/Colorado, meet up with my neighbor who also went to the game and partake in a Cap'n and Pepsi, return to our "mild-mannered" tailgate in the handicapped parking area (thanks to J's passed grandmother) where J shares the Cap'n with her mom who thinks it's just diet, gametime, Clemson wins! Go Tigers!
28-sleep in, lunch with J's friends and their sister's babies, both between 1.5 and 2 (still don't want kids), and something else
29-shopping, play poker with J's friends and her neighbors who are moving to Seattle (nice guys)
30-Sea World! Shamu and friends (or at least a relative of Shamu), great rides and great shows, and can't beat $4.75 turkey legs, can beat the $60 ticket price
31-shopping, lunch, drive to Tampa (Plant City actually) and have dinner at Bonefish with friends and friends of friends, spend NYE at Splitsville (a bar/bowling alley and even had a small dance floor) which is in Channelside and I think I heard it's where the cruise ships leave port in Tampa Bay, get home at 3:30 am
1-wake up at 7:30 am to be back in Orlando in time for church (J wanted me to see the church where she wants us to get married, very pretty), lunch, dinner with J's family
2-car shopping, Mini and Subaru, wash clothes, start packing, dinner with friends, go to another friend's house to say bye
3-pack up the car, can still see out the rear window of Focus, I-4 East, I-95 North, I-26 West, I-385 North, I-85 South, SC-76 North, left, right, right, left, right at fork, right, right at fork, right, left, park, home.

This is by far the longest we've left the cats and they seem to be fine.

Many stories and odd occurences, but I'll save those for a later date.

One note about the friend's neighbors, really nice guys, have been together for 5 years I think, but one is a video game programmer for Microsoft. So that's like a bazillion cool points. He worked on NFL Blitz, NHL Hits (I think), and Rallisport Challenge (which are awesome if you like rally). But one thing that struck me was how normal they were. I guess it's the media that has brainwashed me into thinking that all gays are hot and flamboyant (and the guy wearing purple eye shadow at Sephora the same day didn't help either). But they were very sedate and average looking, still cute but not "striking". (I suppose that's a good word)

Of course there were double entendres (everyone's favorite), which I must say I set him up perfectly for. We were enjoying some Lindt filled chocolate balls
yep these guys

and I said "I love those balls." "I love balls too!" was the response. Very nice moment and I'm glad that I started it. And who doesn't love balls? besides lesbians and homophobes

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here