Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Help me Dictionary.com!

I was watching the Simpsons last night and came across 2 words that I didn't know. Thanks to Tivo, I was able to pause and jot them down.

First let me set up the scene. Bart got in trouble. But this time it's really the last straw. They try to fly him to Oregon where the "Tough Hate" camp is but Bart is on the "No Fly" list because of something I forgot. So Homer has to drive Bart to Oregon from Springfield. Bart is complaining and wants to know where "Fun Homer" is; (Cut to interior shot of Homer's mind) Serious Homer has Fun Homer trapped in an energy field. Fun Homer's tempting offer is "Let me go and we'll get a monkey drunk and push it down the stairs!" Serious Homer says I'll kill you like I did Intellectual Homer and they cut over to Intellectual Homer lying on the ground and written in his own blood underneath him is this statement: Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.

And I've noticed if you need to fill about 20-30 seconds of an animated series, it is now perfectly acceptable to repeat the same joke for those 20-30 seconds. Thanks Family Guy and Seth MacFarlane, look what you did.

But I still love the Simpsons, and to a lesser extent Family Guy and American Dad, but I do recognize that it isn't as good as previous seasons. I'll still watch. It's the one show on Fox that they recognize as a good idea. All the others were somehow disguised as "bad ideas". Futurama and Arrested Development and I rest my case.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here