Friday, December 16, 2005

 

I think this is Post 420!

Blogger said that I currently had 419, so that makes this 420 assuming that it's accurate, which is not true at all but presumably it's in there somewhere. So to that post and this one Happy 420 blog!

Having no electricity for 24 hours now (at home, I'm at school) makes you realize that even though electricity is great, there are a few innovations that also make our lives great. Like running water for example. I can still flush. I can still take cold showers. I can bust out the camping stove and make some grits or oatmeal or cream of wheat. Insulation is also wonderful. It keeps the hot air in and the cold air out. Our place wasn't too cold this morning. Twas a bitch to get up, but once you got some clothes on and started moving around, it was okay.

So it iced a bunch of trees which fell into power lines and now 450,000 people don't have power and half of those people are in SC. Yay! I think the rest are in GA and maybe TN. And the roads were a little icy today. But the high is supposed to be in the mid 50's so hopefully it'll be a nice weekend. And to my readers who don't live where it will be nice tomorrow, sorry.
While electricity was quickly restored to some, outages by early evening still totaled 260,000 in South Carolina's upstate, about 170,000 in North Carolina, 55,000 in northeast Georgia and 34,700 in the Atlanta area.


From CNN.com

I'm a statistic! Huzzah!

I think that's it for helpful modern non-electricity inventions. Maybe the handcrank flashlight? There has to be one or two more out there that I'm forgetting about.
Oh, board games and cards. And candles. All great inventions.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a hot shower at the school's rec center.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here