Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Curious George

J doesn't like my family. Granted, they are boring but it's Christmas; it's just what you do. If we were given a week off in July, I would go visit them, but we only get time off around the holidays and that's what you're supposed to do. Even if they were all admitted to Boring Hospital-No Fun Allowed!, I would still expect J to come along and spend time with the family. We're just not an exciting family. No crazy uncles. No alcoholic aunts. The most drama, that I'm aware of, is a few divorces, one cousin dating a guy with a kid, and presumably me living with J. That's it, so no Jerry Spring fights. No drinkers, so no entertaining aunts or grandparents. We have a few diabetics, so dessert sucks but is healthy. We're all watching our weight, so no cooking in bacon fat.

It is definitely a "mild-mannered" Christmas, but it's my family and that's how I grew up and since you're marrying into this family, it is now also your holiday burden to carry. But don't look at it as a burden. Think of it as a relaxing time spent with loving people. It's much easier to get through that way.

The last thing I have to do before vacation is turn off a reaction today at 6 pm, and then Christmas vacation finally begins. And I have to go home and pack, which reminds me, remember when I said that we're going to Clemson's bowl game? And we're going to tailgate? Well, our plan is to take the Chemistry EZ-Up down with us (all in the name of departmental exposure of course) but it's going to take a doozy of a packing job to get that bad boy into Focus.

Yes I did take it up to the last autocross, but it was in the front seat. Now I have to put it in the back somewhere. So far my plan is to fold the back seat down and push it as far as possible forward and up. And hopefully I'll still be able to see out the back somehow and can still see out the right side of the car. It would be super nice to have it down there, so I'll try my best, but no guarantees.

So we've entered Day 2 of the Great TWU Strike that has thrown one of the greatest cities in the world into chaos, and that's the scenario for today's "Out of Context Quote"

Today's comes from the mouth of Mayor Michael "Smokey" Bloomberg
Bloomberg said Tuesday. "Everyone is a loser here."


So you heard it here first folks, everyone in New York is a loser. The mayor, who a majority of you voted for, just called the entire population of NYC "a loser".

I'll try to post some over the Chrismahanukwanzakah festivities, but probably won't get a chance until we get to O'town (Orlando). So next Tues.

And speaking of O'town

Apparently the blond one has a new reality show on MTV coming up soon. I literally pooped my pants when I saw the commercial for that one. So apparently, anyone can get a show on MTV these days. Mine premieres next spring.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here