Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

Back at the salt lick

There's a grad student senate meeting tonight. Hopefully it isn't a full 2 hours like the last one. That was brutal. Don't know if I'm speaking or not.

We worked concessions for the Clemson/Wofford men's basketball game last night. We were only $27 off, which isn't too bad. I think the problem comes when multiple people count items at the beginning and then different people count them at the end. Also one guy was giving sausage dogs ($4) away as hot dogs ($3) so that's a few bucks right there. But they have a master list for all the stands, and they double check, so I'm not too concerned.

Oh yeah, J's folks got us all tickets to the Champs Sports Bowl, which is Clemson vs. Colorado. It should be a great game and we should win. We're even taking the chemistry EZ-Up, but I don't know how just yet. Yes I took it to the race on Sat. but I put it in the passenger seat. I think it should fit in the back somehow, hopefully. And the game is at 5 pm, so we even get to tailgate a little bit. This will be my first non-campus tailgate. No wait, there was that Widespread tailgate. This will be my first non-campus football tailgate.

But J is a little concerned with what we're going to do. Drink, obviously. But she seems to think we need another activity, to which I suggested cards. They're easy and fun and quick to learn. And don't necessarily have to be drinking games.

So if you're flipping through the channels around 6 pm on Dec. 27th, stop on ESPN for a second. We'll be some of the people wearing orange.

OFF TO WORK!

DOH! Almost forgot:
On this day, 64 years ago, the Japanese unleashed a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor and forced the USA to enter World War II.

National Geographic has a timeline of the event's on that Sunday morning.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here