Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

The "he" in that quote is Michael Bolton if that helps with the movie. I've quoted it before but J wanted to watch it last night. She occasionally will watch movies or TV to put her to sleep. This would bother some people, but I had a roommate my freshman year of college that would regularly stay up until 3-4 am with the lights on, playing video games. He would sometimes turn off the lights, but there would still be some electronic device going. So my options were a) go insane, or b) learn to sleep with the lights on. I chose b, or at least I think I did.

I finally realized last year that flat nail clippers work the best for my toenails. Luckily I did not inherit my mother's toenails, not super fungusy but not very pretty (Sorry Mom). Before my epiphany I would normally just tear them off. They aren't too brittle so they would generally peel off in nice strips. And sometimes it would go too low and my toe would throb for a couple days. But Joan had a pair of nail clippers that were small and straight across the top instead of the small curve. It was incredible. I wasn't constantly having to do geometry problems in my head to clip my toenails. They also work well for fingernails but they are a little trickier. The flat tip nail isn't very attractive on guys, so I would have to create my own curve. I have never understood those gigantic "toenail" clippers. They might fit my big toe nail. Maybe. I hate those stupid things, which is why I was so happy to find a small, straight one.

The drifting event in ATL was awesome. There were a few very good drifters. Some not so good, but that's what practice days are about. Legal places to practice what would get you arrested on the street. My friend that drifts his BMW 325 took home 3rd place. And another guy I know took home 4th in his Hello Kitty Miata. He has Hello Kitty door panels and roll bar padding. It's very cute, especially with the bare metal paintjob he has. First was a turbocharged BMW 5 series tuned by Ter-tech down in Florida somewhere. I know Andy would've taken first with a turbo. Well, pretty sure. It's hard to make impressive tire smoke clouds when you're essentially using the stock engine.

But all in all it was a good day. Got semi-lost around 10th St and got to drive through Georgia Tech. And Sunday watched some SCCA races, cleaned and watched the Simpsons. Now back to work.

But for anyone who has a rear wheel drive car, find a nice big open lot or ideally a drift practice day, and get out there and see what you can do. Who knows, you may like it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here