Friday, November 25, 2005

 

Mmmmm, so much food

J and I went over to a friend's house in Pendleton, a small town just down the road from Clemson.

So we didn't travel far at all. Basically our Thanksgiving went like this:
I wake up at 10
Do the dishes and clean the kitchen to get it ready to become messy again
Make my Golden Apple Turnovers - Freshly grated apples but used pre-made pastry sheets
J wakes up at 10:45, starts making her corn souffle
While the souffle is cooking, I ready my sausage balls to go in the oven
I try my turnovers after letting them cool, delicious - I used Fuji apples, very tart and tangy, excellent choice
Corn souffle comes out and looks great
Balls go oven deep
Balls come out brown and greasy
Balls soak up some grease and are delicious

Then we put our food in the car, pick up another friend who brings 1 tray of homemade mac&cheese, a dessert called "Chocolate Delight" and cheese muffins and go to Pendleton.

We weren't planning on having turkey but Dave bought two turkey breasts and they were delicious and I love him because I was really worried about no turkey on Thanksgiving. He also made his Corn Flake topped cheesy potato dish and a very unusual stuffing out of his roommates cookbook. It was good but it had apple and all sorts of odd things. It was good but after the first bite I told myself not to think of it as stuffing and then really enjoyed it. He also put too much blue cheese on the salad but it was good.

We ate and were fat and happy. Then played some card games and watched TV. And drank wine. It was a really great and relaxing holiday.

And now I'm at work, but it's okay cuz I'm working on my paper which will directly help my career and my graduation prospects.

And now some somber news:
Pat Morita passes away

Pat played Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kids and was also Arnold in Happy Days. His film and TV credits can be seen here thanks to imdb.com He is survived by his wife of 12 years and 3 daughters from a previous marriage.

Football legend George Best dies

And let me translate for my American readers, "Soccer legend George Best dies". Now I will admit that I don't really know who he is, but according to the article he was the first soccer superstar. He died at 59 and was Manchester United's and Northern Ireland's greater players.
UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, attending a summit in Malta, described Best as "probably the most naturally gifted footballer of his generation and one of the best footballers our country has produced."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here