Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Happy Thanksgiving! (almost)

And also WELCOME LYRIC!

E-Lo gave birth to Lyric Alexandra at 4:14 PM. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz, 21 inches long.

That seems like a nice and healthy baby size. But I hope the newly expanded family has a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving. I can't believe she made it out. And for some reason I always thought it was going to be a girl.

And continuing the theme of good will and peace on Earth:
Venezuela sending cheap oil to Massachusetts
President Hugo Chavez proposed doing this to help out the US poor during a trip to Cuba in August.
"He has said the aim is to bypass middlemen to reduce costs for the American poor -- a group he argues has been severely neglected by Bush's government.

Chavez has become one of Latin America's most vocal critics of U.S.-style capitalism, which he calls a major cause of poverty."
What economic gap? We don't have an economic gap! America, Fuck Yeah!

Your move Bush. Do you want to get shown up by another president helping out YOUR poor?
.
.
.
.
.
Today is our department Thanksgiving luncheon. We bought some dehydrated stuffing from Satan's minion (Wal-Mart) the other day and I think we're going to make that. It's super easy. Boil water and margarine/butter. Remove from heat. Add stuffing mix. Stir and serve.

Maybe I should stop referring to Wally World as "Satan's minion". It isn't accurate. China's minion is much better, but doesn't have that nice ring to it. And I don't want people to think that I equate China with Satan. And I CERTAINLY do not want the Chinese government to think that I think that. I might not be around too much longer. I'll work on it.

But I want the stuffing to be as hot as possible, so the best solution I came up with is this:
Take my camping stove and pot and water and butter to where the luncheon is. Boil the water and butter and then add stuffing and serve. I like it. And I get beaucoup (or boocoo) eccentric points. And I get to use my camping stove which we all know doesn't get enough use.

I also have some work to do today. Bossman said that my Thanksgiving doesn't start until I get these crystals cut up. I'll explain later why we're cutting them up.

I also got a "Don't fuck around". He wants me to start writing a paper on a series of crystals that I have been working on. Why would I want to delay being a published primary author any longer than I have to? Just imagine checking this blog one day and there is a link up to MY paper with MY name in the first spot. That'll be a good day.

Just to get you warmed up:
Synthesis and Electrochemical and Photorefractive Properties of New Trinitrofluorenone-C60 Photosensitizers
Hopefully this comes up for most of you. I just linked the abstract and not the paper, but you might need a subscription to the journal. I know most academics could check it on campus. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll work something out. It isn't too exciting, I'm one of 11 authors, but it is my first real publication. Now for my very own one.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here