Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Burgle

I have always liked the way those consonants sound together. Which is why, I hear from internationals, that english is so difficult to learn. Alot of our letters make different sounds and once you start combining 3 consonants, it's all over. One of my teachers in Costa Rica said that "shrimp" was very hard to learn how to say.

The CGSO EZ-Up arrived Monday and we finally set it up yesterday. It's HUGE! It's 10' x 15' and can be fairly tall also. And the emblems look great on it also. It was pricey, around $1200, but I know it will get lots of use and will give the chemistry department a much higher profile, especially since I personally am going to be taking it to any outdoor events that I attend, such as The Atlanta Drift Expo which is a week from Saturday. It will provide some shade and generate some word of mouth. Hopefully it isn't all just, "What the hell is the Clemson Chemistry Department doing here?" either. And who knows, maybe we'll get a few applicants that wouldn't have previously thought about going to Clemson. Now I just need to get some chairs to go underneath it. My old ones broke. Boo.

I'll get some pictures of the EZ-Up on Sat. We're going to try and document our events a little better and then put them up on our website which hasn't been worked on at all recently.

Off to be a good grad student.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here