Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Aaaaaah, I feel better

My seminar went well. Not too many tough questions. The evaluations from the faculty said that I didn't have enough real chemistry in it, which is true, but I'm not too worried about it. It's done with and now I can focus on research again. Yay!

This morning I told J something that I had been hiding for a month or so. Nothing "relationship ending" as it only involves me and loosely her. If enough people want to know, I'll set up a time and put up a post for a few hours then take it down. It's a little too "illegal" to keep it up full time and the statute of limitations hasn't even started yet.

But we determined, or J discovered as I have always known, that she has more morals then I do in this one particular area. Namely stealing. The most stealing she would do was to eat the damaged items that Publix was going to throw away. And she was in high school. I have stolen significantly more. Lots of items from Samford University (and no I don't want to contribute any money, I don't have any), several candles and sconces from Illuminations, the candle store I worked at over Christmas one year, about 128 10 oz. sodas from the Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham, and then something recent. I have never felt bad about any of this. I think that is one thing that being raised Southern Baptist taught me. I can rationalize the hell out of something. If you sin, you're going to hell. But if you rationalize that sin away, it isn't really a sin. Or so I thought and can pretty much convince myself of any flimsy rationalization if I really want to. Stealing from corporations and large businesses, and universities that I paid $16,000/year to attend, were very easy to rationalize.

Seth? What if you owned those businesses and someone was stealing from you? If I didn't catch them, that's my fault. I should be more diligent in my security. Hire more guards, install security systems, hire people to actually watch the security system.

I haven't ever put a value on how much I've stolen but it definitely hasn't been more than $1,000 from any place, so no grand larceny for me. I'm a nickel and dime theif. But I have been tempted to steal a car. You know how to steal a car? Not even a little, but when Joe Douchebag runs into the gas station to get some smokes and a sixer and leaves the keys in the ignition and the car running, my grandma could steal that car. And the majority of the time (the exception being a REALLY nice car) I would probably just drive it around the corner, or across the street, just to teach them a lesson, that you never know who is out here so don't leave your running car unattended, moron. The really nice cars I would take for a spin, just around the block and then bring it back.

Results from Sunday are up. I did pretty well. There were lots of awesome cars and drivers out yesterday so my 19th overall is pretty good. And check out the 50th car. That's my Focus! She is the girlfriend of one of the club officers and needed something easy to drive, i.e. no RWD, so she asked if she could co-drive my car. Sure, but now they owe me. And damn, I'm gonna have to give her some pointers next time. Results from Nov. 6th autocross

The NYC marathon was yesterday, not that I care or run, but the pictures are pretty cool.



The Winners!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here