Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Race!

Yep, I get to race tomorrow. And get to work on my seminar tonight. Yay!

I have strange acne. Yes I'm 26, but stress causes me to break out, which is currently happening. It's just one or two, but for some reason they gang up together and make Superacne. J calls them fetuses because it could be a fetus growing from my face, just like the South Park nurse
except mine grow from the left or right of my chin. Whatever.

My abstract is due today at 4:30. I'll get it in before that but I still have to do it.

So I have some work to do but I'll leave you with a few links in descending order of disturbing:

Body hanging from tree mistaken for Halloween decoration
Damn. This neighborhood must have some excellent decorations if a real body is just written off as a "decoration". My condolensces to her family, of course.

Murder suspect's mother arrested
The 16 yr old who killed Daniel Horowitz's wife is crazy. And the mom told him not to come home cuz the police are looking for him. Um, news flash Mom, your kid needs help and advising him to run from the law is not the kind of help he needs.

OK, now to the light-hearted links:

Mr. Sulu came out!

So George Takei, Mr. Sulu from Star Trek, is gay. I'm glad he came out. No real reason, I just can't imagine how hard it is to lie about your orientation for years. And he has one of the greatest voices ever. He's no Thurl Ravenscroft but it is up there.

Wisconsin cat found in Nancy, France

Apparently Emily the Cat wound up in a paper warehouse and got stuck in a cargo container and got shipped across the Atlantic by boat. It took 3 weeks but luckily she had her ID tags on and so the French(wo)men that found her, called the vet and now we're just working on a plane ticket and some paperwork to get her home. Crazy.

Sheryl Swoops is out too!

I think this is a good step in the right direction. There are very few women sports role models and even less gay women sports role models. So hopefully this will break down some barriers. Like Penn State's women's basketball team coach Rene Portland who reportedly harrasses any player she thinks is a lesbian.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here