Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Race day

Saturday was a good day of racing. Didn't win my class, but I got to race which is the most important part. And it was a clean day. Didn't hit one cone. And I'm still on crappy tires, while the class winner is in a Nissan 240, S13, which is RWD and he's on Falken Azenis, very grippy tires. That and he is a great driver.

Here are the results. I ended up 17 out of 44, which is pretty good considering. Please take note of the car that came in 6th. That's my class winner. He beat Vettes and NSXs, so yes he and the car are highly capable. And also take note of how fast the 1st car was. Damn. If that doesn't convince you that the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is a hellion of a car, then nothing will. And they mispelled my last name, but that's okay.

Good weekend. Friday night was nothing. I think J and I fell asleep around 11 pm. We were very tired for some reason. I woke up and raced and then came home and got ready for the wedding. Every time J and I go to a wedding, the more we lean towards eloping. It always seems like so much work, and there isn't any guarantee that it will come out as planned or that people will enjoy it. But we're focusing on school now, not marriage.

It was a quick ceremony. Think Vegas and the next couple has to catch a flight in 15 minutes fast. And then the officiant went into the kitchen and helped cook. I guess he was part of the package. Just because you want to keep God out of the ceremony does not mean it has to be short. 30-45 minutes is a perfectly acceptable length of ceremony. It just didn't seem special to me, but I wasn't the one getting married, so what do I know?

The reception was nice. They had Thomas Creek beer on tap. But they were out of the porter. Noooooooo! But they still had some doppelbock which was good. Thomas Creek is a microbrew out of Greenville. He always brings his beer truck to the annual College of Engineering and Science golf tournament and I got to meet him last year. Awesome guy with a white beard and white hair, so obviously he has that Santa charm to him. Well I just looked up his picture and it isn't Thomas Creek, but it is Bill Davis, owner and GM.

That isn't a great pic, but it's a good representation. And just for Smoove, I'll put up a pic of their sales manager who is appropriately attractive.

I bet she can move some beer.

Their IPA is good. Their Red Ale is good. Their Doppelbock is good. And I had some of the Vanilla Cream Ale at Mellow Mushroom the other day. Could be more vanillaey but was very smooth and sort of creamy. Haven't tried their pilsner, but I should. I just don't like pilsners too much.

But congratulations to the newlyweds! I hope your all days will be bright and merry!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here