Monday, October 17, 2005

 

Lug stud

I'm fine. I still have some rugburn on my forehead and my left thumbnail is not 100%, I'd say 87%, but those are the only lasting injuries. My neighbor and a friend of his have both randomly fainted and he said it was probably the same thing. So I suppose it's fairly common.

Lit seminar is coming up faster and faster. It is 3 weeks from last Friday. So I'm busy.

But I still raced all day Sat. and Sun. Sat. here and Sun. in Greenville at the BMW plant.

Saturday went very well. First run was slow so for the second I decided to go stupid fast. And apparently my new race tires were okay with that. I improved 1.5 seconds and was literally out of breath after that run. I've never been that fast in my car before. The results are up and I'm 12th out of 49 and was beat by 8 cars. And I'm only going to get faster once I get used to my new tires.

Results can be seen here.

And Sunday started out okay. Left home on time. Very little traffic at 8 am Sunday morning. Arrived at BMW with plenty of time to register, change tires and walk the course. But I had trouble getting one of my lugs onto the car after the race Sat. So I started there, knowing it would give me the most trouble. Sho nuff, it was very hard to get off. But I did and rounded off the stud. Crap and I looked at the lug nut and it was pretty messed up, so I took a couple lug nuts off the back and put them on front and tried to put the crappy lugs on the back. I have extra lug nuts and from now on I will bring them to races and I'm stupid. So I get one on and then try and take it off. Not even moving a little, so I go ahead and snap off the lug stud so I can get my street tires on the car. I then tried another lug nut on another stud and couldn't get it to thread at all.

Moral of the story: Take your spare parts with you. And I drove home on two lug nuts out of 4 on my back tire.

I drove the speed limit and was passed by every freakin thing on the road, except for a man who appeared to be 148 years young putting along in his truck. I passed him doing 50 in a 55. But I made it home and called the Ford dealer this morning for some new lugs. They'll be in tomorrow and then Focus will be road worthy again once I get them installed.

But my friend let me drive his WRX in the autocross. Man that thing is fast. And I placed 2nd in our class in it. He got 4th I think. I'll get those results up when they're posted.

Off to do some literature work.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here