Monday, October 10, 2005

 

I worked out with a dumbbell.

I feel vigorous. - From a top 5 ever TV show. Can't remember which episode. I'll put the answer at the bottom.

We reorganized the spare bedroom and made it more of a study room than a random crap room. And we moved both desks into that room and the computer. It frees up some space in our room and now we have a study room for doing homework or writing dissertations.

We got to work on my car again this weekend. Lots of fun and went very smoothly. First I got antsy and didn't want to wait on other people to show up so I went ahead and put on the new air filter. It took some work but I finally got it to go directly on the airflow sensor housing. Basically I just took off the airbox and tubing and replaced it with the filter, so it's sort of like a short ram air filter but without the typical $150-$200 price tag.

Then we moved on to the bumper. A little daunting but went very easily. We got the stock one off, and started transferring grill inserts. The Euro bumper needed two holes to mount the grill insert so I had to run to school and get our group drill. Once I got back it took about 13 seconds to get both holes drilled but would otherwise have taken a good 30 minutes. Yay powertools. We then realized that the side lightbulbs wouldn't fit into the Euro lights. Ours were too small. Duct tape to the rescue! We taped them up real nice and they aren't going anywhere. I couldn't think of a better way to do it.

So the bumper was ready to go on. But we had to remove the foam bumper thing that is underneath the bumper and makes the regular Focus bumper stick out too much. So I basically ripped that off and then the Euro bumper fit exactly. It was actually surprising how easy it was. European cars don't have as stringent crash policies as us. And I'm probably not going to hit anything from the front. And if I do I'll probably be going so fast that some styrofoam wouldn't do much.

Then we switched to general maintanence mode and switched my fuel filter. So we pulled the fuel pump fuse and let the engine run until it died. It actually took a few minutes, which I guess is a good thing. Then popped off the connectors, caught the spilling gas with some rags, felt ill from the fumes, replaced it, dropped the car and that's it. And it only took us about 4 hours to do all that. And we took a couple breaks.

No pics yet, but I'm gonna wash her this week, hopefully today and get her nice and shiny for the races this weekend and then take some pictures.

Here is the "Before" picture just to hold you over:


And lookie here:
The FBI is going soft.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here