Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Haterade

For the hater in you.

Went down to Fairway Ford for some lug studs. It was a special order so I had to prepay and then find out that Advanced carries them for $0.98. Crap. I should've known better. These are just a temporary fix anyway, until I can order my H&R lug studs that are INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Showed up at 8:04 am, left, made it home, got my things and Joan, then drove to school. We missed the 8:30 CATbus, so we parked in commuter and caught the CATshuttle. It is very similar to a CATbus but instead of an actual route, it basically loops endlessly all day between the commuter lots near the stadium and a road that cuts through the Eastside of campus. All day, every 5-10 minutes. So if you're a CATbus driver, do not pick that route. I'm sure I would not be in a happy place after driving in a large pseudo-circle all day.

I rode the CATbus home yesterday, BUT the driver, some older gentlemen I'd never seen, turns before he is supposed to. He completely cut off the end of the route WHERE I LIVE! But there is a secret shortcut through the woods and over a creek that connects to an adjacent apartment building, so I rang the bell, asked him if he was swinging by Creekside, didn't like his answer and got off to break trail through the forest. Finally made my way down with only one foot getting caught in a vine and only one thorn getting stuck in my skin. Crossed the creek and only got one shoe wet and then walked up the hill/parking lot to get to my house. I'm sure I saved at least 15 minutes by getting off there. It's also a good way to catch the bus if you missed it at your regular spot and REALLY need to get to school. Sure you'll have a wet shoe and possibly pants, but you'll get there.

Did everyone see this? The NBA is starting a dress code, which the NHL and NFL already have. But my favorite comment was from someone I can't remember, but I read it in USA Today, and he said that the league should offset some of the cost by providing suit vouchers. The article then went on to say how the league MINIMUM is $325,000. So I can sit on my ass all season, be Mr. Benchwarmer, and still make 300k. The league average according to an USA Today article is $3.7 million.

This is very similar to Mr. Latrell Sprewell's view on their pay as well:
On Halloween 2004, Sprewell, who was in the final season of a $62-million, five-year deal he signed with the Knicks, said he was insulted by Minnesota' s offer of a contract extension that was reportedly worth between $27 million and $30 million for three seasons. "I've got my family to feed," he said. Wow.

I think we need a "NBA player lives on grad student pay" day. And of course the flipside is a "grad student lives on NBA player" day. I think that would really open some eyes. And remind those NBA players what Ramen noodles taste like.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here