Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

End of an Icon

Rosa Parks, 92, passed away Monday in Detroit, Michigan. She helped spark the civil rights movement in December of 1955 by refusing to sit in the back, or "colored" section, of a Montgomery bus. Her arrest, and with some help from 26 yr. old Martin Luther King Jr., started a 381 day boycott of the bus system.

Rosa, you will be missed

And if you're ever in Birmingham, The Birmingham Civil Rights Institure is well worth a visit.

Kind of hard to do a post after that, but I'll try. I actually FOUND something about 2 months ago. It's been sitting on my desk since then, just waiting for me to go downstairs and use the scanner. I presume it was dropped by an art major. It's small and cool. I like it, and I think Davy Rothbart would like it too. But I'll let you be the judge of that since I'm a FOUND newbie.

Hopefully I'll get that up later today. Until then, I'm off to work!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here