Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

You look fine Jack.

I didn't ask. +50 points to the first person with that movie quote.

So Smoove is right, Ruthie emailed me last night. It's 23 miles the first day, 22 the next and 15 the last day. Apparently there is some sort of tent city that will house all the walkers at night.

I wonder if anyone is going to pull a Kramer and stay up the whole night before the walk, or during it. And then not wear a pink ribbon and get beaten up by other walkers.

It does sound like a very cool experience and it's for a great cause so HUGE props to all the 3 Day walkers in tha ATL this weekend.

I need to update my sidebar, maybe I'll do that now or this afternoon. Not sure. Dead Aim is dead. I think Portlandia's might be. PJ's might be too. But I still check all these blogs fairly regularly, just in case they're not dead.

A neighbor's friend was visiting yesterday. I guess he's taking the semester off but he goes to U of Colorado in Boulder. I asked him if it was nice and if he liked it. He said mainly it depends on your political views, as if we are all defined by our political views (shudder), but I got what he meant. He said there isn't even a democrat in Boulder. All liberal tree-hugger hippies. Sounds okay to me, or at least for a year or two. But I cannot imagine any redneck being truly happy in a place like that.

I read Playboy's article on NASCAR this month. They sent a handful of FSU English professors/poets to the race in Talledega. Talladega is one of the largest races around. They estimated around 155,000 people were there. That's alot. I do see why people like going to the races. Everyone is wasted. There is a distinct possibility for boobage. Corndogs, pretzels, peddlers peddling. And you can't beat the roar of those uninhibited V8s. That and you can see the whole racetrack from your seat.

But I still don't care. It's still going around in ovals. Left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, repeat 450 times. Yes the wrecks are cool, but you should not be going to a race to see wrecks. That's how people die. And we lose great drivers like Dale Earnhardt, RIP #3. I know they're great drivers because it does take some skill to keep those buggers flying around the track doing 180 mph, inches from other cars. And also they hire out a few of the drivers to race in other series. Like Daytona Prototypes and Corvette C5s that race in the Rolex Cup.

There are wrecks in those also, and other malfunctions like this one:

That's Dale Jr. in a Corvette during a practice session. Here are some more pics and the whole story.

And I'm jealous of all the money NASCAR has. If they just took a quarter of that and put it into rallying, then maybe we could actually have some world class rallying happening here.

Rally Japan! is this weekend, so if anyone is on the island nation, I suggest you stop by. It's going to be a great show.

I forgot to tell you guys this, but 2 weeks ago at the last WRC rally, Rally Great Britain in Wales, a co-driver lost his life. I haven't seen any footage of the wreck but the team captain explained that the cars are very safe from the front or back but the side is the weakest point of the rollcage. Markko Martin went off and hit directly on Michael Parks side. He died instantly or shortly after.

He leaves behind his wife Marie and two children, William and Victoria.

Michael Park

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here