Friday, September 02, 2005

 

Wake me up before you gogo

I would like to add another item to the "unpleasant ways to wake up" list:

To the sound of a falling dresser, then breaking of glass, then the smell of Armani's Acqua di Gio Women (which luckily smells okay and I can still smell it). Very loud crashing sound. I was worried it was the dresser with the TV on it. Well, first I was worried if Joan was okay, then I worried if the cats were okay, then if the TV was okay. But it was J's dresser with a bunch of toiletry stuff on it and that is what broke and will probably make our room smell like Macy's perfume counter for at least a day or two.

And J had to leave to catch the schoolbus. So, me still in bed, was forced to wake up and start cleaning. Definitely not a great way to start the day, but it needed to be done.

So I get down on my hands and knees and starting picking very tiny shards of glass out of the carpet. And perfume makers might want to think about a slightly more robust glass for their bottles. So many shards.

So after wiping off all the stuff on top, and moving the dirty clothes it fell on and getting the glass off of it, I was finally able to pick up the big pieces of glass and then bring in the vacuum to finish off the job. And I hope it worked too. I can just see myself hopping out of bed to use the restroom and stabbing myself. Ugh, and I like being barefoot too.

But I think it's all clean now and I'm meeting J at 12:15 for lunch. I think that is slightly after the lunch rush, so we should be okay. I hate lines.

Okay, no recent wedding pics, but just to tide you over, here are pics from Derek and Kerri's wedding. Derek is my dear friend from way back in 7th grade. His parents were missionaries, as were mine, in the DR. Good times, but we hung out constantly. And we had a band for a short time. We were DoorKnob Bob. And we kicked ass. I was on bass and vocals, Derek was on guitar, and Joel laid down some mean beats on the drums. And Zach, who no one has seen since he went to TX for college, was lead guitar and vocals. So please look around and meet some of my friends.

Seth's picturebook

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here