Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Speed kills

Today marks the start of Clemson's football season. We're playing the Aggies of Texas A&M tonight at 8. So that means a whole lotta tailgating. Now remember, that's a solid 6-8 hours of drinking time. You gotta pace yourself. No one wants to fall asleep at 6 because that would be all kinds of bad.

But I'm gonna do a little work before those shenanigans begin.

Went to our men's soccer game last night against the U of South Carolina. Somehow we won. Our midfield was playing long ball and running our poor Jamaican forward to death. But some how we scored with 38 seconds left to play and then won in sudden death overtime (or golden goal in soccer). So that was a nice beginning, but honestly we shouldn't have won. The Gamecocks had much better passing and ball control. We showed that we could control the ball but only did it for maybe 7 minutes out of 90.

Maybe the women's team will be better, but I can't find a schedule for them anywhere. Guess I'll have to use the internet. But it seems a little sexist to me.

I'm roughly half way through Sheri S. Tepper's "The Gate to Women Country" which is getting really good. Some serious shit is about to go down. I can't see the whole picture about her commentary on sex roles yet, but I will. I'll do a larger post on it once I'm done over at the Book Club blog.

Enjoy your Saturday and your weekend!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here