Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

Ploink

I think Pinky used to make that sound.

Ugh, had some mini-drama in lab today. Since we were working with the equivalent of oil lamps and water today, I said that they didn't have to wear their goggles. Vetoed by the head lab lady. Then she spotted a girl not wearing long pants. (We're safety nazis in Clemson. Talk to Naomi Kelly.) So she said that the offender would have to go home and change. She commutes from about an hour away, so that wasn't going to happen. Offender finds an extra lab coat laying around and puts her legs through the arms and now her legs are covered, and she looks stupid, so I'm happy. This doesn't appease head lab lady, so I tell Offender that I have some jeans upstairs that I can lend her for lab. So I go get them and head lab lady explains that it isn't her, it's the safety officer, yada yada yada. I know all this, I'm just a little less psycho in my enforcement of the rules. But Offender put on my jeans, very hilarious and completely worth it, so everyone came out of that nonsense pleased.

Imagine a 5'3" girl, maybe 115, wearing a pair of holy 38x30 jeans. Needless to say, she needed a belt, but she had the cool pant sag in effect like crazy. She just needed some plaid boxers underneath to complete the ensemble. (edit: I just noticed the hol(e)y jeans. I like it so I'm going to leave it. They could be holy right?)

So I'm possibly meeting a fellow blogger tonight, even though she doesn't post much, but it's Ruthie who moved to Greenville (G'Vegas) from ATL. But she has a 3 day breast cancer walk this weekend and wanted to borrow a sleeping bag and sleeping pad. So I can't wait for the story of why she actually needs these items, but I'm more than happy to lend them to her for the weekend.

And I'm enjoying imagining a 3 Day breast cancer walk in my head. Do they walk until they fall asleep in the street? Do they walk and then sleep in a gym? Is she just crashing on a friend's floor and needs something to sleep on?

I don't know, but hopefully she'll answer all these questions and more tonight if she drops by.

I also just realized that it's the 3 Day Walk that I have linked in my sidebar. So if you're in ATL this weekend, please don't hit the walkers. And sport that pink ribbon proud.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here