Monday, September 26, 2005

 

Good news!

I took Tercel in to the shop today. Joan was hearing a clicking sound and various other little problems. Turns out it's a vibration dampener on the right half-shaft so they're taking it off for $16. And now J should be happy that her car is "fixed", or at least clicking-free.

But I think I'll go ahead and change the oil and put new coolant in and stuff like that.

I also need to call Fairway Ford and see how much a fuel filter is from them. I void my warranty if I use non-Ford recommended things on my car, ignoring the new springs and struts that are on it, so I just want to check with them. I paid $8 for a Puralator at Advanced Auto Parts, so I'm going to put a limit of $20 on the Ford one. If it's more than $20, I'll stick with Advanced, if not, then I'll get the Motorcraft one or whatever Ford uses.

I did not tailgate this weekend. It was a noon game which meant you had to arrive on campus around 8 or so to get a good spot. And it was hot and "balmy" as J put it, so we sat inside most of the day, cleaned, watched TV, etc...

I have generated some interest in my kayak. Some dude in Winston-Salem wants it, and he comes to Charlotte every once in a while, so I told him I would deliver it up there, around 2 hours, for gas money or we could meet halfway. He's getting back to me. I'm really tired of having this kayak now. I don't use it and it's just taking up space and keeping money locked in it that I could use for race tires, or a rear sway bar, or gas money for my camping trip in October.

Why do people declaw cats? Is it just for furniture and the occasional scratch on the arm sake? Because I can't really justify the equivalent of someone ripping off my fingernails just because I scratch them and their furniture. And I've seen some really bad declaw jobs also, so I prefer my cats with claws. Just don't sneak up on them, without long sleeves. Our cats use their claws constantly, and mostly on things that they are allowed to claw.

Things our cats are allowed to claw:
Cat tree
2 scratching posts
boxspring of our bed
Sometimes us

And we just need to get the camera out and ready to go one day because our cats also love the sink, just like these cats.

I also got one of Julio in his WinterWonderland under our bed. Our couch pillows had too much fluff when we got them so we took some out and put it in a trashbag under our bed. Fast-forward a little and we get the cats and Julio discovers the bag and proceeds to tear it to shreds. And now he plays in the fluff constantly. Puts it in his mouth. Kneeds it. Sleeps on it. But I snapped a picture (35mm) of it last night, so once we eventually use all those pictures, then maybe there will be a cute one of Julio.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here