Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

Brothers don't shake hands; brothers hug!

A CD or something else laying around the house to the first person with the movie that the quote is from.

I almost had to pre-divorce Joan last night. I set her up perfectly for a great line from one of her favorite movies, not Dirty Dancing. I said "I trust SUV drivers as far as I can throw them." Her response should've been "Seth (or Ed for the actual movie quote) with your bad back, you shouldn't be throwing anybody." It took her a couple minutes but she finally got it. And kudos to you if you can get it also.

As I was walking from the CATbus (Yay FREE public transportation!) I noticed a girl who had a bandage below both knees, as if she has sores there from kneeling too much. Take that any way you want. (Like anyone reading this would take it the religious way, but you never know) But it made me laugh.

So I'm eating a bowl of J's Pralines and Cream granola that she buys to put in her vanilla yogurt (or yoghurt), with 4 days past the expiration date milk (waste not, want not, but it isn't that bad yet, Preservatives!) and am wandering around the house going over my mental checklist of what I need to take to school with me. And the cats are following me, either for company or they're bored, and Leon pounces on me from the kitchen table and sinks at least one claw into the juicy part of my back right below my armpit. Hands full, still sleepy, so I decide that I have to get him back onto solid ground. I don't think he would go onto the kitchen table very well, so I basically fall onto the kitchen floor.

I'm almost done with my tasty granola, but a little of it careens out of the bowl onto the floor with some milk. Both cats scatter like roaches when you hit the lights (which I thankfully haven't seen in 4 years, another post for another time). So they're gone and I take to cleaning up the little mess. Leon! What were you doing? Crazy ass cat. I really think they both thought that I had just died and if they didn't get out of the room then and there, they were next. I fell on my side, mostly legs and hip then shoulders, so it didn't hurt, or didn't hurt as much as the curved dagger digging into my flesh.

It's fine. They're cats. It's what they do. I think he really just wanted to see what was in the bowl.

And I realized Tues. that my friend WRX's wedding next Saturday is at 6 pm and is about 45 minutes away, so I can still autocross here on Sat. morning. Huzzah!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here