Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

Aaaaah, minty fresh

I forgot to brush my teeth this morning. But fret not dear readers, I have a backup toothbrush and toothpaste in my lab. True it isn't the safest place to have something you put in your mouth, but it's in my desk and the hoods/air handlers do a mighty fine job of sucking all the bad air, and venting it into the atmosphere. I imagine it's scrubbed somehow, but know that it most likely is not. But we work with salts and harmless inorganics anyhow. Talk to the organic folks about carcinogens.

A student of mine yesterday had the idea to do tree frogs for my seminar. Hmmm, that could be cool. So I did some research, poison dart frogs of course, and realized that would be waaaay too organic for me and they aren't even entirely sure how the frogs do it, so that's a no go. But I will have a topic to proclaim from the hills by Sunday evening, even if it kills me.

Why Sunday? Let me give you a rundown of the rest of the week. Don't feel sorry for me, I brought this upon myself, and hopefully in 2 years or less (it better be less) I'll be Dr. So and So.
Today-Take some reactions out to ship off to a National lab for non-linear optic measurements
find an article I like and understand and present it in group meeting
Health insurance committee meeting
Graduate Senate meeting (free pizza! but it's Papa Johns. but they have pineapple!)
finally home at 8:30 or so after leaving the house at the same time, 12 hours earlier
Tomorrow-Research and stuff
Friday-Research and then work concessions at the Ciara concert, I'll get to hear My Goodies, and 1,2 Step live! It'll be like the radio that plays the same damn 8 songs all day every day is right there!
Saturday-Tailgate, game at 3, go home, sleep
Sunday-Library

Fine, so once I write it all down, just today is bad, and it looks like I'll have some nice library time on Thurs. afternoon. So maybe I'll have a topic by then.

I'll let you know what my topic is before I tell anyone else, except for Joan and maybe a few labmates.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here