Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Yay South Carolina!

I heard on the news today that South Carolinian high school students' average SAT score went up by 7 points this year. On a 1600 point scale. So that's 0.4% and also why they noted the points and not percentage. But from what to what? Well they improved from 986 to 993. And that's tied with Georgia. Which are both ahead of DC, dead last in the nation. Yay! I'm not asking you to tell me what you got on the SAT, but I do hope that you beat the average South Carolinian teenager.

If not, you probably don't test well. Or it's economically, racially or geographically biased.

I have discovered recently that a few of my friends have blogs. Emily, actually has had one for over a year, even if she went a month or more between posts, it still counts and she's busy. I'll get her link up and the joint blog by her and her man about their trials and tribulations in Bangkok.

J told me the other day that people think I'm nice. I guess I can be, but I just hide my hate better than most. But if I don't talk to you, even when you're talking to me, or I continually look away and give short monosyllabic answers, then I don't like you. Or your pets. Or I'm in bed and trying to go to sleep and then I don't like anyone but Mr. Sandman.

I'm getting better about letting my anger out. It's a nice healthy release. If something is wrong, I should make it better. This will probably come back and bite me on the ass, but until then, I'll be okay.

This semester is going to be hellacious. I have a Cabinet meeting tomorrow at 8 am. WTF mate? Then I have my CGSO meetings. Then I have health insurance committee meetings. And I have to do research. And I'm teaching a lab. And I'm giving a literature seminar on Nov. 4th. Should be interesting. I'll let you know how everything goes.

*cough*26th birthday tomorrow*cough*

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here