Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Sweet sweet water

The pictures are coming. Hopefully I'll get to them after our Sam's trip tonight. Anyone want anything?

Sweetwater is a microbrewery out of Atlanta. This is their beer lineup. I've actually only tried 3 of their 6, but so far, I'm impressed. The problem is they don't have a distributor up here. So far they are in Chattanooga, Nashville, and I think most all of Georgia, but definitely Atlanta and Athens. So if you're going to visit ESC anytime soon, ask her to buy you some. Good beer though, and great on tap. They do tours on Mon. and Thurs. at 4:20.

We left Thursday and got behind a truck and SUV doing 90, so we made it to Alabama very quickly. Relaxed and watched TV and talked with my brother and grandmother. She had to go to work in the morning so the kids slept in. J actually woke me up at 10 eastern/9 central, but that's okay because then we got to watch the Price is Right at 10 am and not 11. I've always liked the central viewing schedule. Primetime is from 7-9 and the news is at 10. Then you can watch Letterman and be in bed before midnight. Not that I watch primetime, the news or Letterman, but I could and still be well rested.

Then went to lunch at Shoney's. I thought Grandma was gonna cry when we told her we were leaving straight from there. She asked if we were coming back that night. No, the rehearsal dinner is 2 hours from here. But I told her we would be back soon and not to worry.

Mall, pick up the tux, then to find a tanning place because J wanted to find one. And instead of waiting on her, I went also. I used some weird standup tanning bed that had lights all around and straps that you could hang on to keep your arms up. It normally goes for 8 min. but new bulbs, so 6 min. It was hot and the industrial strength fan on top helped, but it was still hot. That was the 2nd time I've ever been tanning and do not plan on making it a regular thing. I can get skin cancer on my own. But I did it naked, really naked. And yes my ass is still red. It doesn't hurt but the front of my legs and my waist are fried. They still hurt after 3 days. J had no problems because she has more melanin than I thanks to her South Koreaness. She tanned, I burned. But it will look good for the beach so I suppose this self-inflicted pain is worth it.

Rehearsal dinner was fun. 80 people and I think only 10 or so people of that were not family. I come from a small family (I have 3 cousins, total) so it's always a tad overwhelming seeing a family that large. J's is large, so I'll get used to it.

I'll get those pics up tonight, promise.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here