Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

String cheese incident

Apparently I have been stringing you, the readers, along. All the pieces finally came together in my head last night in the puzzle known as "Why it's gonna take some work to get pictures up" aka "why I need a USB memory drive".

Since J is starting school again and we are now a two tuition family, we have to cut back. This means no home phone, but more importantly, no DSL. Theoretically we're going to borrow some bandwidth from our neighbors wireless connection, but that hasn't happened yet and we don't have a wireless connection for my computer yet anyway. So even if I had downloaded the pics to my computer, there they would be stuck. Unless I burned them to a CD, or my non-existent flash drive, and brought them to school. So now they're here. I would either have to upload them to my school website, somewhat involved process, or upload them to my sports car club gallery and then link them from there, what is going to happen when it happens.

That's my excuse. Hope you enjoyed it.

And I'm trying very hard to not think about the beach and how awesome it's going to be. I'm trying to focus on crystals and how they're made and how they interact with light.

Also, we're planning a welcoming party for all the new grad students who get here next Mon. for orientation. There are 17 and hopefully we can snag 1 or 2. That way it will be easier once we (me and another senior grad student) start writing our dissertations, there will be others to keep doing research and it won't be like killing the group by letting us leave. So I'm going to try and use my powers to make that happen. Then after that, we're going to be selling goggles and lab coats to the freshmen, which is our largest fundraiser of the year, so we're also planning for that.

And I still have to do my lit. seminar. And I still don't have a topic. Ugh. Now I'm asking for any seminar topic and maybe I'll either get inspired by one of your ideas or find something chemically to do in one of them. So please, HELP!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here